The official blog of Eric Rudd Photography; a selection of professional and personal work.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

It Just Takes One

Making connections is what photography is all about (at least mine). My wife works part time for the Boys and Girls Club of Bloomington, so when she approached me with an idea for a project to promote the BGC, I jumped at the chance. They were looking to produce a short piece to use as a tool to promote the club and to help develop a relationship with potential donors and sponsors. I do mostly still photography, so I suggested we bring in the help of my friends at Monarch Media here in Bloomington to take the idea and run with it.

I've worked with John, TJ, and Luke on many projects in the past and thought their creative vision would work well for this project. So over the last couple of months they developed an idea, storyboard, script, and overall scope of the project and presented it to the club. In January we shot the piece at the club in Bloomington, a wonderfully historic building located near the square. I went along to help with developing some shots and to shoot still images during the day.

I'm very pleased with the video work they did and I wanted to share that piece with you here. Click this link if you would like to Donate to the Boys and Girls Club of Bloomington, or call 812.332.5311 to find out other ways you can help!

Boys & Girls Club "It Just Takes One" from Monarch Media Studios on Vimeo.



Here are some of the stills I shot during the day:


2 comments:

Ed Schwartzman said...

Eric Rudd is an amazing photographer, videographer - and an even more amazing person!

This is a great piece about an amazing organization!

BRAVO Eric!

Laryn said...

Beautiful pics, Eric! The Boys & Girls Club is such a great organization. Loved this piece, the video, but especially the photos!

About me

Pages

recent posts

Flickr Images

Like us on Facebook